Help, Game ManualThis page gives a short overview on how to play the game. If you are searching for a list of Frequently asked questions and their answers, please take a look at the FAQ page.
Content1. General Game Overview
2. Solving Quests
3. The Main Story Line
4. Weapons and Equipment
6. Saving your character
7. Leveling up
8. How to buy a House
9. Exploring the World of Enthpia
1. General Game OverviewDarkness Springs is a typical role playing game: You explore the game world, solve quests and gain experience. In Darkness Springs you are totally free to explore the world on your own, the game is non-linear and you are not forced by the game to do specific tasks in a predefined order. Your character will gain experience by solving quests and fighting monsters. Once in a while, after the character has reached a certain amount of experience, you will be able to level up and get stronger and mightier and learn new magic spells.
2. Solving QuestsIn order to earn money, gain experience more quickly and to advance in the story of Darkness Springs, it is a good idea to solve quests. To do this, simply talk to the characters in the game by clicking on them. Some of them have some problems and are asking for help. By accepting a quest (see the image below), it will be listed in your quest log. Once you finished the task, return to the character and talk to him/her. Usually, you will receive a reward like gold and experience points, and the quest will be listed as 'finished' in your quest log.
3. The Main Story LineThere are currently a lot of quests to solve in Darkness Springs and some of these quests are part of the main story line: Finding the reason for the sudden Darkness and trying to work on a solution. To start the quest, talk to Drooc, the mage in the village of Traor.
Because Darkness Springs is an online game, the game story is updated and extended from time to time, and those updates are usually totally free.
4. Weapons and EquipmentWhile exploring the world, you will find a lot of items - weapons, armor, rings, shields, books, magic spells and others. It is important to equip your character with mighty weapons and armor in order to be able to make head against all the monsters and enemies in the game world. The values and attributes of these equipment items are shown when holding the mouse cursor over an item in the inventory. In order to equip these items, you may need certain attributes which you can reach by levelling up.
It is also possible to sell or buy items from other characters in the game, a good way to earn money and to get items you need but haven't found anywhere on your own.
5. PotionsYou might find several potions in the game and you are able to buy them from several mages. Potions are useful to quickly regnerate health, magic power or for other effects such as increasing the speed of your character for a short amount of time. If you have a potion in your inventory, it can be drunken using the quick access bar on the bottom left. In addition, you can use the shortcut 'Q' to drink health potions or 'W' to drink magic power potions.
A health potion ready to drink.
6. Saving your characterIn Darkness Springs, it is only possible to save the game when your character is in a safe place, such as a village, a city, a tavern or similar. If you haven't saved your character for a short certain amount of time, the save button will appear above the health and magic power indicator:
The save button.
Simply click this button, and your character will be saved. You probably need to set an account name and password the first time you click the button.
7. Leveling upBy solving quests and slaying monsters, your character will gain experience. Once this experience has reached a certain amount, you character may 'level up', meaning that you will be able to add some points to his skills and attributes. For this, simply click the level up button which will appear on the top of the health and magic power indicator:
The level up button.
8. How to buy a houseIt is possible to buy houses in Darkness Springs. In the first chapter of the game, houses are offered in Galgag and Quagha. Just find and talk to the characters in that villages, one of them are selling the houses.
9. Exploring the World of EnthpiaBy clicking a target position and letting your character walk around, you are absolutely free to explore the world of Entpia. Darkness Springs is not a linear game, so you can go wherever you like to. It might be a good idea to talk to people and help them to gain experience and to make it possible to enter maps which can be unlocked by these people.
Because the World of Entpia is not small, you might want to take a look at the map if you don't know where to go.